January 21, 2013: this will take Lance out of the headlines (he came "sort of clean" on Oprah last week, but not really) -- Petraeus socialite friend Jill Kelley speaks on current events.
November 29, 2012: using well-chosen words correctly, Petraeus admits he "screwed up royally." He says that "Team Petraeus" (wife and husband) to remain married.
November 20, 2012: now we know. It was Obama's political appointee James Clapper, Director, National Intelligence, who removed the CIA talking point before handing it to Susan Rice to deliver at the UN and all morning talk shows. The link is to a CBS site that broke the story.
November 16, 2012: Paula Broadwell, voted most likely to be remembered, high school yearbook.
November 16, 2012: the "Tampa Kardashians" had dinner in White House three times in past three months; guest of White House aide. Friends in high places, I guess.
November 16, 2012: new word to enter the lexicon: criminopolitico -- former CIA head admits it fit talking points to jibe with president's dismissal of the war on terror. "Criminopolitico: crimes committed for political propaganda. MDW is not the first to use this word, I see; google it.
November 15, 2012: how prescient. I had Kim Kardashian for the Natalie role in the upcoming movie; it turns out that her sister, Jill Kelley, was known as "Tampa Kardashian."
November 15, 2012: the shirtless FBI agent is now identified as Frederick Humphries II.
November 14, 2012: Obama's worst nightmare -- the Mideast is about ready to explode. Petraeus is out; Leon Panetta is in Australia; Hillary is in Australia; Nancy Pelosi is not going anywhere. Thomas Friedman in the NY Times.
November 14, 2012: both Panetta and Hillary are in Australia; Hillary was there first, saying she does not have time to report to the House on Libya; now Panetta joins here, no doubt having the time of his life, reading this soap opera like the rest of us.
Later, 6:28 pm: I'm sure it's just one of those things, but how often does a North Carolina resident lose one's driver's license in a DC park? Yes, Paula Broadwell lost her driver's license in a DC park ..... but it's been found. Most likely, simply dropped while jogging.
Later, 12:21 pm: not to be lost in all of this, there is more.
Lockheed Martin Corp. has ousted its president and future CEO over a relationship with a subordinate.
The defense company said Friday that its board of directors asked for and received the resignation of Christopher Kubasik from his role as vice chairman, president and chief operating officer.
Kubasik, 51, was scheduled to become CEO in January.Where is Shakespeare, now, when we need him? Much ado about nothing. But fascinating nonetheless.
Later, 10:54 am: this is clearly going to be the story of 2012, overshadowing the presidential election which was a foregone conclusion (first clue: not one secretary or high-ranking official departed the administration this past summer with the excuse of spending more time with his/her family). Drudge calls it a "Four-Star Circus" and rightly so. My hunch is that the military elite in Tampa, FL, are busy trying to distance themselves from some fancy parties where liquor flowed and photographs were taken. First American ambassador in 33 years killed, in Libya no less, that can trace terrorism back to Lockerbie; CIA fails to respond; POTUS ignores; sex; women scorned; lovers married to physicians; DOD, CIA, FBI, SEX, POTUS, E-MAIL, FLORIDA; this story, as they say, has legs, and with the election over, not much to compete with it. Need I say more? Some are even suggesting that the nation's very survival hangs in the balance because of the Petraeus debacle. Americans cannot blame Congress or the president when we go over the fiscal cliff. It's all Petraeus' fault. Wow. As noted above: this is clearly going to be the story of 2012 ... and 2013.
- FBI agent #1, Frederick Humphries II, the FBI agent who started the case against Petraeus had an e-mail relationship with Jill Kelley, woman #2; he sent her photographs of him shirtless
- Jill Kelley, woman #2, aka "Tampa Kardashian," is an unpaid social liaison director at Florida headquarters for Central Command; Jill Kelley had e-mail relationship with general #2, the current commander in Afghanistan; specializes in hosting parties for the military elite at her million-dollar mansion; "honorary consul" for South Korea;
- general #2 is General John Allen, the current commander in Afghanistan and nominated for new command, US European Command; that nomination has now been put on hold
- general #1, General David Petraeus, now a civilian, Director of the CIA, who has said the relationship began after he retired, is said to be shocked by e-mails sent by woman #1 to woman #2
- woman #1, Paula Broadhouse, valedictorian, Bismarck (North Dakota) Century High School, is said to have had an affair with general #1. Lieutenant Colonel in US Army Reserve;
- woman #3, Natalie Khawam, is the twin sister of woman #2; health care attorney; described by a judge in a child custody battle as mentally unstable; visitation rights with her child were restricted;
- doctor #2, a surgeon married to woman #2; specializes in curing esophageal cancer with minimally invasive cancer;
- doctor #1, a radiologist married to woman #1
- Senator #1: John Kerry now linked to story;
- US Ambassador Susan Rice: accused of misleading Congress on Benghazi
- President Obama: Denzel Washington
- Vice-president Biden: Will Ferrell
- Secretary of State Hillary Clinton: Meryl Streep
- Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta: Leonard Nimoy*
- General Petraeus: Jack Nicholson
- Director of the FBI: Daniel Craig
- Frederick Humphries II, shirtless FBI agent: Tom Cruise
- General Allen: Val Kilmer
- Paula: Madonna or Lady GaGa
- Jill: Madonna or Lady GaGa
- Natalie: Kim Kardashian
- Senator John Kerry: himself
- US Ambassador Susan Rice: Susan Sarandon
- Surgeon: Dr House
- Radiologist: Michael J. Fox
- Director: Alan Alda
- Producer: Oliver Stone
- Musical score: Leonard Cohen
Bits and pieces:
- from a comment sent in by a Willistonite to a British tabloid:
And in court documents filed by Kelley's sister Natalie Khawam, she name-drops both Sen. John Kerry of Massachusetts and Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse of Rhode Island -- who both have ties to a Providence, RI, lawyer/lobbyist who loaned a whopping $300,000 to Khawam.