Random Top Ten
1. Most prescient: Harold Hamm, of course, cannot be outdone for his prescient views on the Bakken.
2. Second most prescient: ONEOK
3. Best example of a company in the Bakken re-defining itself: Enbridge
4. Luckiest guy in the world (with ties to the Bakken): Warren Buffett
5. Most spectacular example of rebirth of a ghost town: Dore, North Dakota
6. Best location for new truck stop: two miles south of Alexander, North Dakota
7. Worst weather forecaster: those fuzzy little caterpillars last autumn that predicted another horrendous winter in the Bakken
8. Possibly Whiting's bet on the Three Forks in southwest North Dakota; was the Pronghorn Sand discovery the result of great scientific work or just plain lucky?
9. Original oil in place (OOIP): early on, it was "courageous" to suggest 150 billion; then, it became acceptable to make business decisions based on 300 billion; now (late 2011), some are suggesting 900 billion.
More to follow.
More on these later, perhaps, and if I remember.