March 23, 2012: interesting oil field for two reasons -- follow the Lodgepole story and the Liberty Resources story. Read the first first comment at the link; if it's valid, it speaks volumes about "who" knows about the Bakken and "who's" investing in it.
Original Post (permits/wells will be updated in this section)
Drive straight north on US 2&85 out of Williston, up to the 13-mile corner, and you will be on the east side of this field.
If you were to turn west at the 13-mile corner, you would track a series of wells, running east to west, all the way to the next field, Bonetrail (12 sections) and then to Bull Butte (70 sections to the Montana state line).
Running east to west in Tyrone oil field:
- 19048, 705, Petro-Hunt, Borrud 156-101-11D-2-1H, Tyrone, Bakken; t8/11; cum 76K 7/12
- 21441, DRL --> conf, Oasis, Orcas State 5601 13-16H, Tyrone, Bakken,
- 21578, DRL --> conf, Liberty Resources, Berger 156-101-9-4-1H, Tyrone, Bakken
- 19307, 1,033, Oasis, Devon 5601 12-17H, Tyrone, Bakken, s8/10, t7/11; cum 76K 9/12;
- 19308, 1,235, Oasis, Glover 5601 12-17H, Tyrone, Bakken, s8/10, t6/11; cum 80K 9/12;
- 21019, 1,339, Oasis, Melville 5601 12-18H, Tyrone, Bakken, t12/11; cum 66K 9/12;
- 19418, 1,030, Oasis, Baffin 5601 12-18H, Tyrone, Bakken, s10/10; t6/11; cum 83K 9/12;
- 18418, 1,228, Oasis, Sandaker 5602 11-13H, Tyrone, Bakken, s3/10; t6/10; cum 104K 9/12;
- 18567, 1,835, Oasis, Njos Federal 5602 11-13H, Tyrone, Bakken, s1/10; t6/10; cum 109K 9/12;
- 21261, 94, Oasis, Clark 5602 12-13H, a Lodgepole; came off confidential May 1, 2012; said to be economical by Oasis (personal correspondence); closed hole frack; 4 million lbs sand/ceramics; 4K 7/12; this particular well has an interesting history; google it at this blog; t1/12; cum 5K 9/12;
- 22067, DRL, Liberty Resources, Sylte 156-101-10-3-1H, Tyrone, s1/12; cum 30K 2 months; no IP
- 22068, DRL, Liberty Resources, Sylte 156-101-15-22-1H, Tyrone, s1/12; cum 25K 2 months; no IP
- 22495, DRL, Liberty Resources, Borrud 156-101-1-12-1H, Tyrone; cum 11K 1 month; no IP
- 22607, LOC --> conf, Oasis, Tanner T 5601 42-24B, Tyrone;
- 22608, LOC --> conf, Oasis, Tyler T 5601 41-24B, Tyrone; cum 3K no IP yet
Rambling, overheard at the Economart:
- If time is running out on leases....
- And, if leased acreage is held by production ...
- And, if there is a huge backlog in fracking...
- And, if there is a huge supply/demand mismatch for sand, ceramics ....
- Doesn't it follow that to drill a well where leased acreage is already held by production -- means that the operator has found something particularly interesting about that location to drill again (of course, in cases like the Sanish and Whiting, sometimes the payoff is so good that infill wells are drilled for the cash flow)...