Ellsworth Oil Field
Ellsworth is a 36-section (one township) oil field near the bull's eye of the Bakken. It is located about five miles south of Arnegard, southwest of Watford City.
September 14, 2012, permits issued so far in 2012:
- 22947, conf, Whiting, Norgard 41-14H, Ellsworth,
- 22425, conf, Whitng, Norgard 41-13H, Ellsworth,
- 22405, conf, Hess, BW-Hagen-149-100-1522H-1, Ellsworth,
- 22389, conf, Hess, BW-Norgard 149-100-1102H-1, Ellsworth,
- 22331, conf, Slawson, Atlas 1-16-21H, Ellsworth,
Original PostDaily activity report, December 20, 2011 --
Operators: Triangle (3), Petro-Hunt (3), Oasis (2), Hess (2), CLR, Whiting, Murex
Fields: Bell, Sanish, Ellsworth, Baker, North Tioga, Ray. Newbies should click on the Bell field link.
Hess has a wildcat in Williams; CLR has a wildcat in McKenzie.
Triangle has permits for a 3-well pad in Ellsworth oil field. Ellsworth is a 36-section (one township) oil field near the bull's eye of the Bakken. It is located about five miles south of Arnegard, southwest of Watford City.
Petro-Hunt has permits for a 3-well pad in North Tioga oil field.
Murex has a permit in Whiting's Sanish oil field.
Reported elsewhere, three wells came off confidential list; two were completed and were very good wells.