Westfield oil field: 15 miles northeast of Watford City: right in the Bakken bull's eye
April 14, 2012: IPs and cumulatives updated this date.
Four wells coming off confidential list today:
- 18691, 3,731, Newfield, Wisness Federal 152-96-4-2H --- 35,849 bbls in first 25 days. Okay. Westberg field, Bakken. One section spacing. Middle Bakken at 10,573 feet. 26 stages. 2.2 million pounds of proppant; no acid. s4/11; t7/11; cumulative 61,336 bbls in 53 days (less than 2 months); total depth 16,012 feet; fracked "on time." Sand only. I.N.C.R.E.D.I.B.L.E. Cumulative 150K 2/12.
- 19058, 2,834, BEXP, Bures 20-29 1H; Alger; s4/11; t11/11; F; cum 74K 2/12;
- 20398, DRL, GADECO, Golden 25-36H; s10/12/2011
- 20490, 2,609, QEP, MHA 1-32-29H-150-91; Heart Butte; s4/11; t11/11; F; cum 107K 2/12;
- 31 sections or so
- Northeast corner of McKenzie County -- here we go!
- 15 miles northeast of Watford City
- Other wells producing in the immediate area
- 17345, 902, Newfield, t3/09; cum 213K 2/12; Bakken, 1-section spacing
- 18626, 2,955, Newfield, t5/10; F; cum 153K 2/12; Bakken, 1-section spacing
- 17687, 1,077, Newfield, t3/09; cum 185K bbls 2/12; Bakken, 1-section spacing
- 18820, 584, Hess, t8/10; F; cum 161K 2/12; Bakken, 2-section spacing
- 16985, 472, Newfield, t8/08; cum 181K 2/12; Bakken, 1-section spacing
- 18177, 1,844, BR, t10/09; F; cum 195K 2/12; Bakken, 2-section spacing
I'm not sure if I'm reading the file report correctly, but it appears that #16985, completed in 2008, was fracked with five (5) stages with 700,000 pounds of Econoprop.
18177 was fracked with five (5) stages; again, I may be misreading the file, but that's what it looks like to me.
18820 was fracked with 18 stages; 900,000 pounds proppant and 1.8 million pounds sand.