The other day I saw a permit in Patent Gate oil field. That was the first time I had heard of the oil field, didn't pay any attention to it at the time, but somehow I thought of it again.
Six miles east and one mile north of Alexander is a 4-section oil field, the Patent Gate oil field. Driving into and out of Alexander on the north side on US-2, one cannot see that far to the east due to the rolling hills, but it's probably just beautiful farmland in the summer; snowy desert in the winter.
Right now (August 6, 2011) there is one new permit, confidential:
- 21191, 1,094, CLR, Berlain 1-30H/Leahy1-30H, Patent Gate, Bakken; t12/11; cum 73K 8/12;
- 8439, Zavanna, Nygaard 1-19, first spudded in 1981; Red River and Madison formations; cumulative oil: 180,000 bbls; Madison is still producing a little; on a pump
- 9300, G3 Operating, Bertinuson 1-30, first spudded 1982; Red River and Madison formations; cumulative oil: 250,000 bbls; Madison still producing
- 13407, Slawson, Bertinuson 11-30X, first spudded in 1992; Madison, Duperow formations; cumulative oil: 90,000 bbls
- 9689, XTO, Bertinuson 11-30, spudded in 1982; Duperow, Red River formations; cumulative oil: 303,726 bbls
- 13416, Columbus Energy, Bertinuson 1-31, Madison, Tyler formations; cumulative oil: 25,000 bbls; the Tyler was dry