August 14, 2011: update on some South Fork wells
There are several hot spots in the Bakken. One of them is inside the reservation, in the north half of the McGregory Buttes field and the northwest quarter of the South Fork field.
McGregory Buttes is a typical (I guess) size field in the Williston Basin. It is 48 sections located entirely within the reservation. It shares a small part of its border with the Moccasin Creek field which lies immediately to the southeast. The sections are in T147N-94W and T148N-94W.
South Fork is a small field, only 18 sections, nestled in between McGregory Buttes and Heart Butte.
Right now, the most interesting area of the McGregory Buttes field is in the north (T148N-94W). In this area:
- Enerplus (ERF) has eight wells in the same section, placed on two nearly-abutting "smart-pads," in McGregory Buttes.
- One section over, Enerplus (ERF) has another four wells in one section, two wells on two pads each, again in McGregory Buttes.
- Three miles to the east there are two rigs on site: Dakota-3 (WMB) and KOG. The KOG rig is spudding a well on the 2-well pad.
- 20850, CONF, ERF, Jalapeno 148-94 02C-3H
- 20851, CONF, ERF, Forge 148-94 11B-3H
- 20852, CONF, ERF, Anvil 148-94 11B-4B TF
- 20853, CONF, ERF, Habanero 148-94 02C-4H TF
- 20846, CONF, ERF, Axe 148-94 11A-1H
- 20847, CONF, ERF, Poblano 148-94 02D-1H
- 20848, CONF, ERF, Vise 148-94 11A-2H TF
- 20849, CONF, ERF, Cayenne 148-94 02D-2H TF
- 18129, CONF, ERF, Dakota-3 (WMB), Dakota-3 Ethan hall 2-14h
- 20784, CONF, ERF, Spruce 148-94 12C-01-2H TF
- 20785, CONF, ERF, Oak 148-94 12C-01-1H
- 20781, CONF, ERF, Pine 148-94 12D-01-3H
- 20782, CONF, ERF, Cedar 148-94 12D-0104H TF
- 20365, PNC, ERF, Murphy 6-24H
- 19818, CONF, KOG, Skunk Creek 4-8-17-14H
- 19817, CONF, KOG, Skunk Creek 2-8-17-15H
- 20044, 543, Dakota-3 (WMB), Dakota-3 Benson 3-9H (South Fork field)
- 19780, CONF, KOG, Skunk Creek 4-10-11-8H (South Fork field)
- 19587, 2,655, KOG, Skuk creek 12-10-11-9H (South Fork field)
- 20926, 2,682, KOG, Skunk Creek 12-10-119H3 (South Fork field)
- 17667, 472, ERF, Woman Creek 4-11H (South Fork field); s2/09; t4/09; 63K 6/11
- 18103, 915, ERF, Look Out Ridge 4-21H, 9,300 bbls in first 11 days (South Fork field); s 12/10; t 4/11; 31K as of 6/11
- 18922, 472, Dakota-3 (WMB), Dakota-3 Skunk Creek 1-12H, (South Fork field), 19,354 bbls in first 14 days; s9/10; t6/11; cum 132K 11/11