April 27, 2012: It looks like Liberty Resources picked up its new acreage in Glass Bluff oil field.
PermitsHere is the most current update as of June 7, 2012 (please feel free to tell me if I've missed a permit). Some years in which permits were said to have been issued, could be wrong.
Permits issued in 2012:
- 22709, loc, Liberty Resources, Gulliskson 152-103-31-30-1H
- 22905, conf, CLR, Frisco 1-31H,
- 20301, 868, Murex, Amy Michelle 16-21H, Glass Bluff, t6/11; cum 50K 4/12;
- 20381, 566, Murex, Daron William 28-33H, Glass Bluff, t11/11; cum 30K; 4/12;
- 20386, drl, Murex, David Roger 18-19H, Glass Bluff, t11/11; cum 18K/ 4/12;
- 20590, conf, Zavanna, Skogen 17-20 1H, Glass Bluff, s1/12;
- 20666, conf, Zenergy, Snowshoe 30-31H,
- 20830, drl, Murex, Kimberly Dawn 30-31H
- 21200, 1,051, Denbury, Erickson 41-25SWH, Glass Bluff, t3/12; cum 12K 4/12;
- 21201, 1,145, Denbury, Erickson 41-25NWH, Glass Bluff, t2/12; cum 24K 4/12;
- 20301: 868, Murex, Amy Michelle 16-21H; s3/11; t6/11; cum 50K, 4/12; 18-port frac; 2 mill lbs sand
- 21316, conf, Denbury, Iverson 34-19NWH, Glass Bluff, s12/11;
- 21739, conf, Zavanna Kepner 9-4 1H, Glass Bluff, s2/12;
- 18653: 2,803, BEXP, Tjelde 29-32 1H, t5/10; cum 124K, 4/12; Bakken; frac report without number of stages; 1.6 million pounds sand; 2.3 million pounds ceramic; BEXP typically does 28 - 36-stage fracs
- 19761, 1,074, Zenergy, Martell 36-25H, t6/11; cum 45K 4/12;
- 19281, 1,474, EOG, Hardscrabble 13-2526H; t6/11; cum 54K 4/12;
- 19813, 977, Zavanna, Olson 8-5H, Glass Bluff, t12/11; cum 62K 4/12;
- 19849, loc, Zavanna, Kepner 9-4 1H; Glass Bluff;
- 19895, PNC, Zavanna, Lassey 16-21 1H,
- 20000, drl, Zavanna, CDK 15-22 1H, Glass Bluff;
- 20093, drl, Zavanna, Skorpil 11-2 1H
- 20094, 867, Zavanna, Wang 10-3H 1H; Glass Bluff, t3/12; cum 28K 4/12;
- 20105: 737, Zavanna, Crescent Farm 7-61H, Glass Bluff, t3/12; cum 29K 4/12;
- 20136, 644, Hess, Iverson Trust 1-1H, Glass Bluff, t6/11; cum 76K 4/12;
- 20144, 751, Petro-Hunt, Klose 151-103-26B-35-1H, Glass Bluff, t3/12; cum 18K 4/12;
- 20185, 607, Petro-Hunt, Oakland 151-103-29B-32-1H, Glass Bluff, t4/12; cum 8K 4/12;
- 20201, 302, Petro-Hunt, Klose 151-103-27B-34-1H, Glass Bluff, t8/11; cum 49K 4/12;
- 20224: 535, Hess, Klose 24-1H, Glass Bluff, t5/11; cum 79K 4/12;
Back in February, 2010, someone asked me about Glass Bluff oil field. This was my answer then:
Glass Bluff is south of the river and southwest of Williston. Stony Creek is northeast of Williston, north of the river.Wow, that didn't take long. There are no less than 17 wells on the confidential list in Glass Bluff, and there are currently two rigs on site.
There were a lot of conventional wells (vertical wells) drilled in Glass Bluff over the years, but there has not been much activity in Glass Bluff in the current horizontal boom. One exception: BEXP just reported a big well one township east, still in Glass Bluff: Tjelde 29-32 1-H with an IP of 2,800.
Other than the Tjelda, there are no permits pending in Glass Bluff at this time. Based on the big well by Tjelda and based on all the conventional wells in this oil field in the past, I think this field will do just fine. But it may be awhile.